I said chocolate.
And granola bars.
Two of my favorite foods, all wrapped up in one yummy little bar.
Chocolate Granola Bars
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup local honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup oats (not quick oats)
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Mini work best, but it doesn’t really matter.)
What to do:
1. Melt the butter, peanut butter and honey in a pot over medium to low heat, stirring constantly. Turn off the burner when melted.
2. Pour in the cup of oats and the wheat germ. Stir til combined.
3. Wait til it cools and stir in the coconut and chocolate chips. Or, if you’re impatient with things like this, like I am, go ahead and dump it all right in. The result will be a more uniform chocolate taste.
4. Pour into foil-lined 8 X 8 pan and stick in the fridge.
5. Once cooled, flip out (the bars….not you) onto cutting board and cut to the size you like.