I’m so happy you stopped by. The chocolate granola bar recipe is below, but I wanted you to know that you can also find this recipe along with many others in my free eBook, Healthy No-Bake Granola Bars. Here’s the link to get it for free.
Now about those chocolate granola bars.
I said chocolate.
And granola bars.
Two of my favorite foods, all wrapped up in one yummy little bar.
Chocolate Granola Bars
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups oats (not quick oats)
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ or ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Mini work best, but it doesn’t really matter.)
What to do:
1. Melt the butter or coconut oil, peanut butter and honey in a pot over medium to low heat, stirring constantly. Turn off the burner when melted.
2. Pour in the cup of oats and the wheat germ or ground flaxseed. Stir til combined.
3. Wait til it cools and stir in the coconut and chocolate chips. Or, if you’re impatient with things like this, like I am, go ahead and dump it all right in. The result will be a more uniform chocolate taste.
4. Pour into foil-lined 8 X 8 pan and stick in the fridge.
5. Once cooled, flip out (the bars….not you) onto cutting board and cut to the size you like.
Get your free copy of Healthy No-Bake Granola Bars here.