I’m a granola bar junkie. I admit it.
If you don’t believe me, just take a look at the short list I’ve been compiling over the past year or so of my favorite homemade, healthy versions of the granola bar:
See? It appears I have a mild addiction, doesn’t it?
Seriously, granola is a very good thing. Super easy to whip up, and great for keeping on hand for growing little ones.
Here’s the latest.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Melt peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil together in a small sauce pan over low/medium heat, stirring constantly. It only takes a minute or two to melt.
- In mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients except for chocolate chips, and stir well.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture and stir til well combined.
- Let cool in bowl for several minutes.
- Place mixture into foil lined 8×8 pan and press down firmly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top and press down firmly with hands.
- Place in fridge or freezer to set.
- Flip the foil out onto cutting board and cut into desired bar sizes. I like to cut a dozen rectangle shaped bars.
- Store in fridge for best results.