I’ve been on a dessert adventure lately, partly because I absolutely love being in the kitchen, but mostly on behalf of our son who has a mild wheat allergy. A friend of mine shared a recipe for a flourless chocolate chip cookie pie on my Facebook page one day, and after drooling over the thought, I decided to wash my food processor (it is used almost daily around here), and give it a whirl at my own version.
This recipe is easy. Simply dump all ingredients into food processor and let it rip. Well, sort of. I do like to put my oats in and break them down as finely as possible since a few of my boys object to the texture. This cookie pie does cook extremely well in a springform pan greased with coconut oil.
The best part, besides the fact that ALL of my boys get to have dessert? It’s amazing! No one would even know there are beans in this dessert! In fact, if you bring this dessert to a party, or serve it to guests in your home, you don’t even have to tell them. Unless, of course, they’re a gluten-free eater, and then they have to know.
So, ultimately, whether you need to eat gluten-free, or even if you don’t, this recipe is delicious! You may just have to try it to believe me.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- 1 cup oats
- 3 cups Great Northern beans, washed and drained
- 1/2 stick (4 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place oats in food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Dump in 3 cups (cooked) washed, and drained white beans. (Great Northern work great!)
- Pulse til oats and beans are thoroughly combined.
- Add all other ingredients (except for chocolate chips) and mix thoroughly, scraping the sides of bowl with spoon if necessary.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into springform pan greased with butter or coconut oil.
- Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes or until center is done.
- Let cool on wire rack for several minutes before removing outer ring of springform pan.
- Continue to cool a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream on top.
Here are a few more gluten-free dessert recipes we love: