We love experimenting with new granola bar recipes around here.
Many of our favorites contain peanut butter and chocolate, but not this one!
Nope. In fact, with the addition of a little fresh, ground flax seed, I like to think of these Cherry Pecan Granola Bars as one of the healthiest treats yet!
These granola bars are super simple to make. Simply melt your almond butter, coconut oil, and honey together in a small pan. Then dump in the remaining ingredients and stir. Let them cool in a pan, then cut into bars.
Hope you enjoy!
Cherry Pecan Granola Bars
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup oats (not quick oats)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Melt almond butter, honey, and coconut oil is small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Remove from heat when melted.
- Stir in oats, ground flax seed, cherries, and pecans.
- Spread into parchment paper-lined 8×8 pan and refrigerate.
- When cooled, flip bars out onto cutting board, remove paper, then cut into bars.