You may have caught on by now that I am a bit of a health nut and a bit of an all-natural kind of gal. I believe that we have enough pollutants in our world that our bodies must combat on a daily basis, without adding to the list harsh chemicals used in our homes. As best I can, I try to avoid using very many chemicals at all, and for the most part, have found that I use four basic ingredients for doing most of my everyday chores. No, this is not a recipe for pizza dough or salad dressing. 🙂 But isn’t it comforting to know that these are not only non-toxic and natural, but things we put in our food, too? In your own kitchen, you’ll find everything you need to replace almost all of your commercially made cleaners:
1. Use 1/2 and 1/2 solution of vinegar for an all purpose spray.
2. Have you seen the new Shark Mop? Just add water and the mop will steam your floor clean in no time!! Much better floor cleaning solution than the chemical filled Wet Jet! Plus, more eco-friendly!
1. Scrub your tubs, toilets, kitchen sinks, grout, you name it, for a sparkling shine! Add a bit of vinegar for some bubble action and you’re cleaning with a vengeance! I put this mixture down my kitchen sink garbage disposal occasionally to keep it fresh(er).
2. You can even sprinkle a bit of this in the bottom of your trash can to keep down odors, and when really gross, leave soda and vinegar sitting for an hour or so in the bottom, then rinse.
1. See above all purpose mixture. Not kidding, this is our everyday all purpose cleaner. Kids can use to their hearts’ content.
2. Naturally anti-bacterial and it works great as glass cleaner, too!
Just a tablespoon or two on a dry cloth is all I use to dust our wooden furniture. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil and it will leave the room smelling fresh and wonderful! My favorites are lavender, cloves, eucalyptus and rosemary.
Click here to learn how to make the easiest all-purpose castile cleaner.
Make the switch if you haven’t already, and reap the benefits of a healthier, less toxic home environment, and save money at the same time!
What all natural cleaning solutions do you use?