I used to love eating the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster when I was a little girl. I love them even more now.
Making them at home for my family is a pleasure.
We all love them!
Perfect for after-church-Sunday lunch, or any time, these cheddar biscuits come together quickly and complement just about any meal.
Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Mix dry ingredients, then cut in butter.
- Mix in milk and cheddar cheese.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet greased with butter.
- Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until tops are golden. Drizzle melted butter over tops when done.