Making pancakes does not getting any easier than pouring the batter into a pan and baking! Wow, I wish I had figured that one out sooner!
These are still great if you want to make them on the griddle, but I specifically put together this recipe to bake in an 8×8 pan.
Served warm with real butter and raw honey, these baked pancakes are delicious! (And yes, I realize that “baked” and “pancakes” don’t really go together. So for the purpose of this discussion, if you’re terribly Type A like me, you can call this dish baked pancake, no ‘s’.) Now that we have that behind us, would you look at that?
Baked Oats & Walnut Pancakes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached, white flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar (or sucanat)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- Stir in milk and egg, and mix with whisk.
- Stir in butter just til combined.
- Pour in 8×8 glass baking pan greased with real butter or coconut oil.
- Bake at 375° for about 25 minutes or until done.