I don’t claim to be a chef.
Because sometimes my food, while it tastes really good, is not all that pretty.
And I don’t claim to be a photographer.
Because sometimes my food is ugly and so are my pictures.
So you might guess there is no photo to go with this recipe.
Because the quiche….
Next time I will make them prettier.
And next time I will take a picture of them BEFORE all eight of my men DEVOUR them.
Because, after all, they tasted good.
Here’s the skinny on the not-so-skinny mini quiche.
Bacon Egg and Cheese Mini-Quiche
- 4 eggs
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- pie crust dough
- Cook a pound of bacon. I do mine on a sheet pan in the oven. 425 degrees til done. Super easy! Drain on paper towels and let cool. Why cook a pound? Because you have people in your house that will smell it and then come into the kitchen and ask for some…… 🙂
- Generously butter a 24 cup mini-muffin pan.
- Use a mini-scalloped-edge round cutter to cut out 48 circles. If you don’t have one, use whatever works. 🙂 (You may have to roll out your dough again to be able to get that many circles. I did.)
- Place one circle in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and add some salt and pepper.
- Crumble four (or more if you prefer) slices of bacon directly into the egg mix, then throw in the cheese.
- Pour into each muffin cup ONLY UP TO HALF FULL. (If you don’t, you’ll be like me, cleaning egg off the bottom of your oven….)
- Place the other pie crust circle on top.
- Bake at 400 til tops are starting to turn golden.
Hug your babies,