7 Ways to Drink More Water
- Carry a water bottle when you’re on the go. Get a big water bottle, BPA-free, if possible, and fill it to take with you every time you leave.
- Drink a glass first thing in the morning. This helps get the body hydrated as soon as we wake up. Try drinking before morning coffee.
- Try to drink a glass before each meal. Not only keeps us hydrated, but keeps us from over-eating.
- Add lemon, lime, or orange wedges to your water. Citrus fruits add just a touch of refreshing flavor with the extra benefit of vitamin C.
- Add a drop of lemon or grapefruit essential oil to a glass of water. Lemon and grapefruit oils are cleansing.
- Take a glass of water with you to bed. We often wake up in the middle of the night because we’re thirsty.
- Try drinking water when you think you want a snack. Sometimes, we’re really just thirsty.