I’m still getting to know coconut oil. I’ve been using it for several years now, but have only recently begun exploring more ways to use it. Just when I think I can’t find another use for it, I discover another one!
Coconut oil has some pretty amazing health benefits, and all-natural and undefiled, that’s not at all surprising. I love that the same jar of organic coconut oil that I use to bake brownies with is the same jar that I can go to for my toddler’s dry skin or my own dry hands.
23 Ways to Use Coconut Oil
- Make no-bake brownie bites! Just do it. You won’t regret it.
- Use as a facial moisturizer. Simply slather a pea-size amount over whole face, rubbing in gently. Skin is instantly softened and given a healthy glow.
- Help diaper rash. Apply a small amount to affected area for a gentle, all-natural diaper rash ointment.
- Use it to “cut” essential oils before applying to skin.
- Use instead of store bought eczema cream. Rub onto skin every day until eczema disappears.
- Use instead of butter when frying or scrambling eggs.
- Use instead of baby lotion on little one’s skin.
- Make pancakes with it. Much healthier than vegetable oil and tastes delicious!!
- Apply to fingernails and cuticles for a shiny manicure.
- Use to tame dry, coarse, unruly hair. Just rub a dime-size amount throughout wet hair.
- Make chocolate chip peanut granola bars.
- Moisturize hands after doing dishes.
- Use on sunburns to restore moisture and keep from peeling.
- Apply to healing/healed wounds to help reduce scarring.
- Use as an after-bath, all-natural lotion on whole body.
- Make amazing sugar scrubs for healthy, glowing skin!
- Make your own vanilla body butter.
- Use on dry, chapped lips to rehydrate.
- Make crispy chocolate chip granola bars. Skip the processed boxes at the store, and whip these up in a snap!
- Add a bit to smoothies for great taste and health benefits.
- Remove scaly cradle cap from skin on baby’s head by applying a small amount, gently brushing with baby brush, then rinsing with plain water.
- Use with a bit of baking soda and a drop of peppermint essential oil for all-natural toothpaste.
- Make freezer fudge. Delicious, easy, and your kids will love it!
I have tried other brands over the years, but I have finally decided that Tropical Traditions is THE best there is. I love ordering from them. They are so easy to order from and I always receive my coconut oil within just a couple of days.